LATEST UPDATE ON WAEC GCE Registration 2021 Second Series.
The management of the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has a announced that the WASSCE for Private Candidates (WAEC GCE), 2021-Second Series will commence this month (June 2021).
As soon as the registration commences, we will update this page.
The information below is for 2021 first series registration.
The 2021 WAEC GCE First Series Registration is now on sale. The deadline to apply is now 5th February 2021. The form cost N13,950. See how to register, requirements and other details below.
We are pleased to inform the general public that the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates 2021 First Series registration has commenced from Monday 21st December 2020 and will end 5th February 2021.
RECOMMENDED: WAEC GCE Time-Table.
The examination will be urban-based and will be conducted at a period to be announced in due course. Thirty-Six subjects will be available for the examination.
Intending candidates are advised to visit the Council’s corporate website –www.waecnigeria.org– to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
English Language and Mathematics have been automatically selected for you because they are compulsory. You are required to select the other subjects you wish to register for in this examination. Please note that a minimum of Seven (7) and a maximum of Nine (9) subjects are allowed (English Language and Mathematics inclusive).
REGISTRATION FOR THE EXAMINATION.
Registration for the WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2021 — First Series—will be online. After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to www.waecnigeria.org for registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
WAEC GCE Registration Period | First Series
The normal registration period is from Monday December 21st, 2020 to 5th February 2021.
How To Apply for the WAEC GCE Registration
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira only (N13,950) at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the registration PIN and the information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc;
- First Bank of Nig. Ltd;
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc;
- Access (Diamond);
- First City Monument Bank Plc;
- Skye Bank Plc;
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc;
- Ecobank Ltd;
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc;
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc;
- United Bank for Africa Plc;
- Fidelity Bank Plc;
- Heritage Bank Plc;
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc;
- Unity Bank Plc;
- WEMA Bank Plc.
- Polaris bank
- Jaiz Bank
In addition, candidates will be required to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates”, provided they register not less than twenty four hours to the scheduled time of the paper (s) they intend to write. The “Walk-in-Candidates” fee is Thirty Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N30, 500.00), only.
See more details on the WAEC Walk-in-Candidates Page
Candidates with Special Needs
Candidates with special need will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their challenge eg. Blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
Completion of Registration
Candidates must complete registration within two weeks of first access to the website during registration period. They should ensure their names, date of birth, passport and other personal details are correct. They are to also print the admission notice/ photo card as evidence of successful registration. Which will serve as identification during the examination.
The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
- Candidates must ensure they provide valid email address and telephone number (s) during registration.
- All candidates must be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations.
WAEC GCE Approved Subjects.
List of Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE First Series 2021
|List of Approved Subjects|
|COMMERCE||FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING||CHRISTIAN RELICGIOUS STUDIES||ECONOMICS|
|GEOGRAPHY||GOVERNMENT||ISLAMIC STUDIES||LITERATURE IN ENGLISH|
|CIVIC EDUCATION||ENGLISH LANGUAGE||FRENCH||HAUSA|
|IGBO||YORUBA||FURTHER MATHEMATICS||GENERAL MATHEMATICS|
|HEALTH EDUCATION||TECHNICAL DRAWING||FOODS AND NUTRITION||VISUAL ART|
SELECTION OF PREFERRED EXAMINATION TOWN.
You are required to select the state and town you wish to write the examination. The exact centre will be automatically assigned to you by the system. Please note that you cannot change your examination town after submission
CLICK HERE to view your EXAM TOW.
Intending candidates are advised to visit the Council’s corporate website –www.waecnigeria.org – to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
Here at AllSchool, we wish you all the very best of luck in all you do!
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.