JAMB 2021 Registration: How to Easily Get your JAMB Profile Code for 2021 UTME Registration. We will also show you how to Correct Name in JAMB Profile and how to retrieve lost confirmation code.
Starting 2021, JAMB introduced new method candidates can use to register for the JAMB UTME. Until now, candidates will have to create their profile manually (online) and then proceed to a jamb cbt center to complete registration.
But in 2021, candidates have to create a profile on jamb caps portal by sending their NIN to 55019. This method implies that the candidate’s name and phone number on their NIN will be the exact details on their JAMB profile.
Before we proceed, please note that the JAMB profile code is exactly the same thing as the JAMB Confirmation Code. You can only receive this code when jamb has confirmed your details.
Candidates should note that JAMB will send all vital information to phone number used to create the profile. UTME candidates should also ensure they do NOT hand over their cellphone to any person/agent to create their profile or receive their confirmation code.
After sending the text message below, JAMB will send you a unique confirmation code. Upon receipt of your confirmation code, take the code with you to any selling point for sales of UTME form (Banks, Online Payments, Mobile money operators, etc.)
How to Create Profile for UTME 2021?
The easiest way to get your jamb profile code is by dialing *55019*1*NIN# ie for eg *55019*1*78786565434#
Alternatively, you can follow the procedure below:
- Every candidate would require the use of a unique phone (mobile) number (SIM) for the process of registration. The unique phone number can be used by one candidate only (Note: This number (SIM) remains your unique identification for all your transactions with the board.
- Candidate will send his/her National Identification Number (NIN) by text (SMS) to 55019 from his/her personal GSM number e.g write the word “NIN” then space and add your 11 digit NIN Number and send to 55019 in this format (NIN 00123456789). There should be a space between the word “NIN” and your 11 digit NIN (Note that the number must not have been used by another person to register for UTME/DE in the past)
- A Profile Code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone (SIM) number
- The phone number used for the text message is automatically tied to the candidate’s 2021 application, Examination and Admission. CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THE SIM NUMBER USED, IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE FOR SUBSEQUENT COMMUNICATION WITH THE BOARD
BY OBTAINING UTME/DE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS, A CANDIDATE HAS ACCEPTED TO RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES FROM JAMB (55019) EVEN WHEN THE “DO NOT DISTURB” IS ACTIVATED
- Candidate presents the profile code to the point of procurement of form (Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, USSD Partners). The form- ePIN is then sent as text message to the candidates Phone number
- Candidate presents the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for registration
- The application cannot be completed until the candidate’s biometric (all ten fingers) are captured and photograph taken physically (No submission of passport photograph). Successful capture of biometrics and photograph will authorize a candidate to print his/her e-registration slip. The fingerprint shall be required for any further transaction with JAMB on the candidates’ profile.
- Only candidates whose biometrics verification is successful on examination day will be permitted to sit the UTME. No parent or any proxy is allowed to make any transaction on the candidates’ profile.
- Candidates with biometric challenges can only register at JAMB headquarters Abuja
(FREE COMPLAINT) TICKETING For ALL complaints on JAMB processes, candidates can create a support ticket at (support.jamb.gov.ng) with his/her email address registered on the Board’s site. The candidate then provides his/her name, phone number and the nature of issue, select a complaint area on a drop down and then summarize the nature of complaint. He/she may also attach supporting documents (if available) then send. Complaints from 3rd parties are merely noted. Letter writing is not encouraged. Rather all complaints should be channeled through the ticketing system for prompt attention and documentation.
For complaints relating to NIN (e.g a candidate sends a message to 55019 to create a profile but does not receive any response or receives wrong data, he/she can follow the same process on the ticketing and click on 2021 NIN related issues then select the related topic on the drop down).
NOTE THAT YOUR PASSWORD SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED TO ANYONE. JAMB CAN ONLY HELP ON PROFILE-PASSWORD, NOT E-MAIL-BOX-PASSWORD.
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK YOUR ADMISSION STATUS ON JAMB IBASS APP ON YOUR PHONE.
DO NOT CHECK AT ANY CYBER CAFÉ THAT WOULD DEMAND YOUR PASSWORD WHICH IS THEN USED TO STEAL YOUR RECORDS. “TO BE FOREWARNED IS TO BE FOREARMED”
Candidates and the public are to note that nobody can help with admission or upgrade of scores; they would only deceive and defraud those who patronize fraudsters.
Do you want to Receive Your Already Purchased UTME Pin?
UTME Candidates: To receive your already Purchased UTME PIN again, Send UTMEPIN as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019. e.g. utmepin
Direct Entry candidates: To receive your already Purchased Direct Entry PIN again, Send DEPIN as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019. e.g. depin.
If you have any questions regarding or related to this article, then drop them in the comment box below and we will be very happy to answer them!
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.