JAMB Change of Course / Institution & Correction of Data 2020 [UPDATED]

The New Portal for JAMB Change of Course, Institution and Data Correction for 2020 has been enabled. See the details below.

Jamb change of course and institution

We are pleased to inform the general public especially candidates who participated in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) that the school management has opened the portal for change of course, institution and correction of data.

Candidates who are interested in changing their course or institution should take note that cost of the form is Two thousand Five Hundred Naira Only (N2,500).

Latest Update: Candidates who lost the SIM cards they used during registration can now visit a JAMB Office to apply for the Change of Institution/Course. Read the details HERE.

Take Note of the Following before doing the JAMB Change of Institution/Course.

  1. Be sure of the Course and/or Institution you would like to change. Verify if the course is available in the school using the JAMB Brochure.
    • Note: If you have issues with getting the JAMB brochure, just ask us using the comment box and we will gladly answer you.
  2. Ensure you verify that the school you are changing to does not usually have a cut off mark higher than your score. See the last year cutoff mark for Sate and Federal Universities.
  3. Ensure you select a Course/Institution that is in line with your subject combination to avoid being screened out during your school’s admission screening exercise. See subject combination for all courses HERE. 
  4. You can change one or all your courses/institutions at the same time.
  5. You can use the one time payment of N2,500 to change your institution, course, name, date of birth, State and Local Government of origin.

Things you can correct and how many times you can correct them:

  • Names Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Date of Birth Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Passport Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Gender Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • State/LGA Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Profile Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Choice of Institution/Course Correction (Correction can only be done three times)

JAMB Change of Course & Institution / Data Correction Procedure for 2020.

The procedure outlined below is for 2020 UTME candidates. Follow it to effect any of the changes above:

PS: We recommend you carry out the following steps using a desktop computer.

  1. Go to JAMB portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/
  2. Login with your Email and Password.
  3. Click on ‘Registration (2020 only)’ from the list of services on the left side.
  4. From the drop down, select ‘2020 UTME Data Correction‘.
  5. Then proceed to payment.

After payment, proceed to complete the process in a JAMB CBT CENTER


JAMB Change of Course & Institution / Data Correction Procedure for 2019 Downward.

For 2019 and years below, follow the procedure outlined below to change your data on JAMB portal.

  1. Visit JAMB E-facility portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/
  2. Login with your Email and Password.
  3. Click on ‘Application for Correction of Data (2019 Downward)’ from the list of services on the left side.
  4. From the drop down, select the one you wish to correct i.e. Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin .

2019 and years below can effect changes on their own without the CBT centre.

FROM: AllSchool.

Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.

Notify of
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Sir, I have done change of course/institution three times, and now I’ve been offered a different course in the school I chose, I’ve been required to do change of course within two weeks , how am I going to go about it, since I’ve done the change the maximum times.

Gbadamosi toyosi

Sir please how when I do change of course,how long would it take to reflect on jamb site because I have 2 days left to make changes sir

Shittu Faruk

Hello sir I changed my course on jamb portal but according to my school I did not meet the requirement and have done the change three times what can I do

Jesuloluwa Ayomide

Please I did change of course successfully but the couldn’t give me a printout because they had issues, how do I get it because I need it for my application process


Hello sir
I have paid for my change of course on jamb Portal but the only problem is that they are requesting for otp code and they haven’t sent the otp code.i have done this since last month

Maryam A Yusuf

Sir ,I havechange my middle name from Maryam A Yusuf to Maryam Alhaji Yusuf at jamb office since Nov,and it was done successfully but when I checked my email inbox,they sent me the corrections was rejected because they are not convinced of the genuineness of corrections request,what should I do?

Abimbola kazeem

Shud I carry out a change of course even wen my admission has not been announced on my institution portal

Olukunle Esther

Pls can I still do changing of institution to Oou or Funaab


I tried changing mine
They have been complaining of network problem up till now and I need it urgently


I cant seem t do change of institiuion and course to aaua. the year 2020 for jamb coc is not coming up. im scared i just registered for aaua,what can i do?


I’m changing my university to aaua but I’ll like to know if they write post utme exam or is it just online screening. Thank you


Please can i still make change of institution to aaua


Please sir do I need to write letter before I do change of institution and course

Fayemi olamilekan

Please jamb has given me otp for change of institution and course fuoye, but their site is not going through for me to complete the remaining process, fuoye admission form closes today so please any hope


Please i need to do change of course
Av made the payment buh year 2020 isnt coming up
Please jamb should release the year2020
Av paid all the necessary fees at sch
They should give us the chance to make changes


Hello sir.
Please, how many times can I apply for change of course?
Can I still apply now? For 2020 Jambites.


Why can’t I do change of course for 2020 newly admitted student?

Odukunle John

Please sir can I still do changing of institution to federal university of our ekiti FUOYE


Please, can I still make change of course in UI?

Esther omotayo

Please sir I did change of name since January it does not reflect so i went to jamb office to complain they sent an otp and support ticket to me
Hope they have done it and it has not reflect yet sir


Can i still do the Change of course and institution to uni abuja now??

Mercy Osakwe

Can I still do change of course in unilag

Aiyelabowo mariam

Sir! I make payment for change of course since last year in jamb portal, I checked it but it’s showing payment successful but not used and my previous course is still showing. I’m confused and I don’t know what to do sir… Could you please help a sister??

Last edited 1 month ago by Aiyelabowo mariam
Isiaq fathia omoyemi

Please sir I have done Lautech screening and have seen my result and now I want to do changing of institution but they said the site is bouncing back please sir can I still do it

Isiaq fathia omoyemi

Please sir have done Lautech screening and have seen my result now I want to do

changing of institution but no access was gained


Sir if I try logging in yobe state University portal ,it will show, your jamb number is not found on the jamb application list.and I do change of institution since last 2month. help me sir pls the school is on screening


Please is federal university Lokoja portal available for change of institution?


Sir I do change of institution since last month ,and it was successful and I print my slip but the problem is that, when I try logging in the portal it will show me invalid number or RRR code,and I put the
numbers currectly. I contact the school they told me that my name hasn’t reflect here, what can I do sir.

cathrine n



Can I change institution now from unizik to ansu since I didn’t reach unizik cut off mark


Goodday sir i resgister for de form in jamb and i chose UNILAG as my second choice ,and now i want to change it to first choice it saying can’t change to unilag and now there started the registration 15th of march ,pls i need an answer before they close


please I want to do change of institution to uniabuja but I don’t know if it’s possible because they have started releasing admission list


Good evening sir,I want to know if I can still change from one course to another in Unilag,having written their Post UTME.


Pls sir can I still do change of institution, I want to change to university of ado ekiti from fuoye

Daniel Mayowa

I registered for OAU post utme
And now I went to do change of institutions but showing no access to portal for now
Pls what wrong
Can’t I change it anymore

Ibrahim salman

Sir, please can I change my email adress? Am having problem with the one , I registerd.


I registered for screening without completely the change of Institution because I didn’t receive my OTP on time so decided to go ahead with the school screening registration now have completed the change of institution do I still need to register again or I should leave it?


I did change of Institution it is successful but not yet approved
Cuz my name is not found on school portal pls what can I do Uniosun have started giving admission second list was released today


Good afternoon sir, I did change of institution from university of Abuja to federal poly bids as first choice but when I print out the slip they added another different course to it which is not the course I put. They added banking and finance instead of public administration. Please will it affect the admission


Good evening Sir, I did change of course from marine biology to fisheries a month before PUTME , he is not reflecting on the school exam slip. Please will it affect admission?

Ahmed Bilikis

Please sir I need your help I do correction of name since last November and I never see any message from them and I need it for mynysc please


I recently changed my first choice (unicalabar)to Absu
Now I wanna change it back to unicalabar
Note:I have already registered post utme of unicalabar
Now my question is
After changing it
Hope there’s no need for the post utme registration again?


Good evening Sir, I did change of course from psychology to Early childhood education last year. It reflected on jamb site but not on the school exam slip. Please will it affect admission? Will they give psychology instead of early childhood education?

David Chinedu

Sir i undergo jamb change of institutions but it hasn’t reflect on my school portal and how long does it take for it to reflect

Zedi Danladi

Can I upload 150 jamb result

joshua oluwatimileyin

please sir am trying to login into my jamb portal with my password but is telling me the password is incorrect and i need to login into my jamb portal to print the admission letter now please what can i do


Please sir i did change of institution and have print out the slip, and they have started giving admission in my school, and a message was sent to me that you have been admitted, but I check my jamb portal it says you have not been admitted yet. Please what is the problem?


actually i did the change of institution since august but i didn’t receive my OTP since then i just received it two weeks ago and i went to complete it at a cbt center but it haven’t reflect on my portal
i registered for the school screening since october i haven’t see my screening result and my school have started giving admission
pls what can i do


pls sir i did change of institution since about two weeks now it haven’t reflect on my portal, Nd my school have started giving admission pls sir what can i do

Akade Priscilla

Please I made change for my course on jamb portal last year ,but the changes are yet to reflect what should I do ?

Ad Blocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Copy link