University of Uyo, UNIUYO postgraduate admission form for 2021/2022 academic session is now on sale. The form cost N20,000. The deadline to apply is 22nd February 2022. See available courses, how to apply and other vital information below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Postgraduate Programmes of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO), for the 2021/2022 academic session.
See available courses:
PLEASE always make reference to the pdf version of the list of UNIUYO postgraduate programmes for avoidance of doubt.
1) FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
a) Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension:
M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics with Specialization in:
- Production Economics and Farm Management.
- Agribusiness Management.
- Agricultural Marketing and Cooperatives.
- Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Agricultural Finance.
- Natural resources and Environmental Economics.
- Econometrics/Quantitative Research Methods.
Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics with Specialization in:
i) Production Economics and Farm Management.
ii) Resources and Environmental Economics.
iii) Agribusiness and Financial Management.
iv) Agricultural Trade and Marketing.
v) Agricultural Policy.
vi) Planning and Development.
vii) Agricultural Enterprise Development and Project Management.
viii) Quantitative Research Methods/ Econometrics.
M.Sc. in Agricultural Extension with specialization in:
i) Agricultural Extension Education.
ii) Agricultural Administration.
iii) Agricultural Communication.
iv) Gender Issues in Agricultural Extension/Rural Development.
Ph.D. in Agricultural Extension with specialization in:
i) Agricultural Extension/Rural Development
ii) Agricultural Administration
iii) Agricultural Communication.
b) Department of Animal Science:
M.Sc. & Ph. D in Animal Science with specialization in:
i) Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry.
ii) Animal Breeding and Genetics.
iii) Animal Production Management.
iv) Animal Physiology & Reproduction.
v) Animal Products Technology.
c) Department of Crop Science:
M.Sc. in Crop Science with specialization in:
- Crop Production and Physiology.
- Genetics Crop Breeding and Crop
- Weed Science and Pasture
- Farming Systems and Horticulture
Ph.D in Crop Science with specialization in:
- Crop Production.
- Crop Physiology.
- Farming System.
- Weed Science.
- Pasture Agronomy.
- Crop Breeding.
- Genetics & Biotechnology.
d) Department of Soil Science
M.Sc. & Ph. D. in Soil Science with specialization in:
i) Soil Microbiology & Biochemistry.
ii) Soil Survey & Land Use Planning.
iii) Soil Physics & Conservation.
iv) Soil Chemistry & Minerology.
v) Soil Fertility/Fertilizer Technology.
vii) Environmental Soil Science.
e) Department of Food Science & Technology
M.Sc. & Ph.D in Food Science & Technology with specialization in:
i) Food Microbiology & Biotechnology.
ii) Food Chemistry, Biochemistry & Biotechnology
iii) Food Quality Control & Assurance.
iv) Food Processing & Storage Technology
v) Brewing Science & Technology.
f) Department of Forestry & Natural Resources Management:
M.Sc. Forestry & Wildlife with specialization in:
i) Forest Resources Management and Economics.
ii) Environmental Forestry.
iii) Wood Science.
v) Wildlife Management.
Ph.D. in Forestry & Wildlife with specialization in:
i) Forest Resources.
ii) Environmental Forestry.
iii) Wood Science.
v) Wildlife Management.
g) Department of Fisheries & Aquaculture:
M.Sc. & Ph.D in:
i) Fisheries & Aquaculture
ii) Aquatic Environmental Management
h) Department of Home Economics, Nutrition & Dietetics:
M.Sc. & Ph.D in Home Economics with specialization in:
ii) Clothing & Fashion Design.
iii) Family Resource Management (Home Management).
iv) Human & Family Development.
v) Foods & Nutrition.
i) Centre for Wetlands and Waste Management Studies:
Candidates Eligible for UNIUYO postgraduate Programmes
- To qualify for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme, applicants should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other university recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, or persons who hold qualifications adjudged by the Senate of the University of Uyo to be equivalent to first degree or holders of recognized Higher National Diploma
- To qualify for admission into a master’s degree programme, an applicant should be a graduate of the University of Uyo or any other university recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, and should qualify with at least a Second Class Honours degree (irrespective of CGPA)
- Candidates for admission into M.Sc Medical Microbiology should be graduates of one of the following:
- Virology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology (PGDM)
- MBBCh/MBBS or its equivalent.
- To qualify for admission into Master’s degree programme in Public Health, an applicant should be a graduate of MBBS degree and must have full registration number of MDCN.
- Applicants for admission into Doctoral Degree programmes should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other university recognised by the Senate of the University of Uyo, who possess Master’s degrees with dissertation and an overall average score of at least 60% (B).
- All applicants should have credit pass at Ordinary Level in five relevant subjects including English Language obtained at not more than two sittings. Candidates with ‘O’ Level examination results before 2017 must possess their certificates and not statement of results or result slips.
- Applicants for LLM and PhD in Law must have credit passes in English Literature as one of the five relevant Ordinary level subjects.
- Applicants for the Faculty of Agriculture must have credit passes in chemistry as one of the five relevant Ordinary level subjects.
- All applicants will undergo
- a screening test which will cover the subject area of specialization (but see CBT Section below for exemption).
- an oral interview which will focus on the written research proposal earlier submitted by the candidate (but see CBT Section 6 for exemption).
- NYSC Completion Certificates (Discharge Certificates), Exemption Certificates or Exclusion Certificates is required from all applicants. One of these certificates must be submitted with the application form or before the screening test is taken.
- Applicants who obtained their first degrees through Remedial Programmes must show evidence of having remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally; that is, through WASCE, NECO, NABTEB.
- In addition to other qualifications, applicants are expected to meet the departmental requirements for their programmes.
- Applicants must return their completed application forms with three hard copies of their Project Proposal (for those applying for PGD), Dissertation Proposal (for those applying for master’s programme) or Thesis Proposal (for those applying for PhD programmes). The research proposal which must be captured on the prescribed Postgraduate School Proposal Sheet should be word-processed with Times New Roman, font size 12, and double line spacing using the following heading and subheadings:
- TITLE (22 words maximum)
- CANDIDATE’S NAME (+ address + phone number + email)
- ABSTRACT (200 words maximum)
- LITERATURE REVIEW
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
- RELEVANCE OF STUDY
- ETHICAL ISSUES
- EXPECTED RESULTS
- REFERENCES (in alphabetical order, not more than 2 pages).
- EXPECTED PUBLICATIONS
- What is written under Methodology may be more than one page but the text for all other subheadings should be less than 25 lines or not more than one page.
- The objectives of the study should be unbundled into (i) General Objective and (ii) Specific Objectives.
- Under Ethical Issues, give a conspectus explanation of relevant ethical issues that you will consider during the course of conducting your research.
- Under Innovation, explain the new invention, new knowledge, new approach or new ways of doing things, etc that your research will produce. Results obtained by applying extant methodology in a new environment may not be regarded as an innovation.
- Use surname of authors followed by their initials. Arrange entries in your reference list using alphabetical order of the surname of the first author. Do not abbreviate journal names or any other proper name in the reference entries. Use single line spacing for each entry. Two adjacent entries should be separated by double line space. Use hanging indentation format for each entry. Do not use “et al” in the reference list; list the names of all authors.
- Under Expected Publications, list the complete titles of research articles that you expect to come out of your research when completed. For each title listed, give the name of the journal that such article will be published or academic conference it will be presented.
- Candidates should ensure that their official academic transcript(s) and three letters of reference are forwarded under confidential cover to:
University of Uyo
Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, NIGERIA
- Admissions will not normally be offered without transcript(s) and letters of reference.
Duration of UNIUYO postgraduate Programmes.
- Master’s degree programme – a minimum period of four semesters or a maximum of six semesters.
- PhD Programme – a minimum of six semesters or a maximum of ten semesters.
- PGD in Education – a minimum of two semesters or a maximum of four semesters.
- PGD in Educational Technology – a minimum of two semesters and maximum of four semesters.
- PGD in Engineering – a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- PGD in all other courses – a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters
All programmes in the Postgraduate School are full time. Part time programmes are domiciled in the School of Continuing Education.
How to Apply for UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission Form
Application Forms can be accessed ONLINE on payment of the sum of N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira) only: To make payment, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) via uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals and make payment online using ATM Card or in any commercial bank nationwide. After payment return to the portal to complete your registration by clicking on Admission forms Link, then e-Forms, then Register link and enter your RRR.
Online Registration and Payment Instruction
- Visit uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals or uniuyo.edu.ng (Click on e-portals link)
- Select Admission Forms Link
- Select e-Form(s) Option
- Select Programme Type (Example; Masters(Full-Time) etc) as the Admission Form Type
- Enter your Phone Number, Name and Email
- Click the PAY NOW button to make payment
- Payment can be made online or Bank branch via Remita Platform
- After payment return to the online portal and click on Register Link
- Note your login credentials generated
- Login and complete your registration.
All completed Application Forms with
- photocopies of relevant credentials,
- duplicate copy of receipt of payment for the Application Form,
- three copies of research proposal, etc
- Should be forwarded to reach the Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Uyo, NIGERIA not later than February 26, 2022.
UNIUYO Postgraduate Screening Test Date
The date for the screening exercise would be announced later
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.