TASUED Postgraduate Admission Form for 2021/2022 Session is Out. The form cost N10,000. The deadline to apply is 30th November 2021.
This is to inform the public especially those interested in furthering their education that the TASUED Postgraduate Admission Form for 2021/2022 Session is Out.
Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) is the Premier and preferred University of Education in Nigeria. It is a one stop Ogun State Government owned University for programmes in the field of Education that had since 2011/2012 session been granted licence by the National Universities Commission (NUC) to run postgraduate programmes.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following full-time and part-time Postgraduate Programmes of the University for the 2020/2021 Academic Session.
Before you proceed, check TASUED Postgraduate Courses and their specific requirements.
TASUED Postgraduate General Admission Requirements.
All Candidates seeking admission into any of these programmes must possess a minimum of Five (5) credit passes, including English Language (in not more than two (2) sittings) at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WAEC//NECO/SSC/GCE O/L) conducted by recognized examining bodies such as West African Examination Council, National Examination Council, National Business and Technical Education Board, University of London, University of Cambridge etc.
TASUED Postgraduate Admission Requirements
1. Postgraduate Diploma Programme
Candidates seeking admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme should possess a minimum of Third Class in the Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of Lower Credit at the Higher National Diploma (HND).
First Degree holders irrespective of class of degree who are currently teaching or intend to take teaching as a profession.
HND graduates irrespective of class of grade who are currently teaching or intend to take teaching as profession.
2. Postgraduate Diploma in Education combined with Master in Education Programme (PGDE/M.Ed)
The programme is designed for candidates without background in Education who may wish to pursue M.Ed. programme. The two certificates will be issued concurrently at the end of the M.Ed. Programme.
3. Master’s Programmes:
a) Graduates of Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained the approved Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the field of study.
b) Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s Degrees and Postgraduate Diploma in the same subject.
c) Candidates with HND (Minimum of Lower CREDIT) and Postgraduate Diploma in the course applied for.
4. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
a) Every candidate must have a Master’s degree in his/her area of specialization with a minimum CGPA of 4.0 or 60%.
b) Holders of M.Phil. Degree in his/her area of specialization.
c) Those who have CGPA of 3.50 – 3.99 or 55% and above in Master’s degree programme can apply.
d) Candidates in (c) above will have to go through a conversion process into Ph.D. programme.
Duration of TASUED Postgraduate Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma (Full-Time Mode) 12 Months
- Postgraduate Diploma (Part-Time Mode) 24 Months
- Master’s degree by Course Work (Full-Time Mode) 18 Months
- Master’s degree by Course Work (Part-Time Mode) 36 Months
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education combined with Master’s degree (Full-Time) 24 Months
a. Please note that the two (2) programmes will run consecutively
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme 36 Months
NOTE: All Nigerian applicants for Postgraduate admissions must possess National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge/ Exemption/Exclusion certificate from the NYSC Directorate.
How to Apply for TASUED Postgraduate Admission
1. Candidates should apply online with payment of application fee of Ten Thousand Naira only (N10,000) payable with Master cards or VISA ATM cards. (Print out your receipt after payment).
2. The address for application is my.tasued.edu.ng/admission and select the appropriate Post-Graduate programme.
3. Complete the application form and print out the form along with three referees’ report forms.
4. The printed on-line application forms should be submitted along with one photostat copy of the following:
- WAEC/NECO SSC /GCE O’ Level Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree/ HND certificate and other certificates.
- NYSC Discharge / Exemption/ Exclusion Certificate (for Nigerian Candidates).
- Marriage Certificate or Evidence of Change of Name(s) where applicable.
- Payment receipts.
- Birth Certificate/ Declaration of Age
- 2 Passport photographs
Deadline to Apply: Sale of Application forms ends Tuesday 30th November, 2021.
Referees’ Report: Forms are provided online for confidential reports, to be completed by three referees acquainted with the student’s academic work. Candidates are advised to prompt their referees to fill and submit their reports online not later than four weeks after the closing date for submission of forms.
Academic Transcripts: Candidates should request their former institutions to forward the academic transcripts of their relevant degrees or diplomas to the Secretary, The Postgraduate College via [email protected]tasued.edu.ng not later than four weeks after the closing date for submission of forms. (The applicant’s full name, application form number and proposed course of study should appear on every document to be submitted).
- Only Application forms received with the required documents would be processed.
- Candidates may be required by departments to undergo screening for final admission selection
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.