School resumption: Katsina fix Jan 25th, gives condition for reopening. The resumption guidelines have also been released.
Katsina State government has on Tuesday fixed January 25th for reopening of primary and secondary (Day) schools in the state.
This was also as it gives the condition that each of the schools must form and inaugurate a security committee to assess the security situation in such area before they are reopened.
The Commissioner of Education, Associate Professor Badamasi Charanchi announced the guidelines in a statement made available by his Permanent Secretary, Musa Abdu Dankama.
Dankama said, “The resumption of Primary and Day Secondary Schools is on 25th January 2021 and the resumption for each school activities is subject to the compulsory formation of school security committee which shall comprise of Parent Teachers Association (PTA) Chairman, School-Based Management Committee (SBMC) Chairman, Traditional Ruler of the School Community, Two Religious Organizations of the School Community, Representative of Divisional Police Officer, Department of State Security and Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps of the local government where the school is located.
“The Security Committee of each School must be inaugurated before resumption date and hold security meeting regularly and assessment of the School security situation be made promptly.
“Suffice it to say that it is imperative and compulsory for each school management to ensure covid-19 protocols compliance by both staff and students,” he stated.
Recall that the state government had ordered the immediate closure of all its schools in the wake of abduction of over 300 students in Government Science Secondary School in the Kankara area of the state late last year.
GUIDELINES FOR RESUMPTION
The resumption of Primary and Day Secondary Schools is on 25th January, 2021 and the resumption for each School activities is subject to the compulsory formation of the School Security Committee which shall comprise of the following members.
A. Parent Teachers Association Chairman (PTA).
B. School Based Management Committee (SBMC) Chairman.
C. Traditional Ruler of the School Community
D. Two Religious Organizations of the School Community.
E. Representative of the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), of the Local Government where the School located
F. Representative of the Department of State Security (DSS) of the Local Government where the school is located
G. Representative of the Nigeria security and Civil defense corps (NSCDC) of the Local Government where the school is located
H. The school Management is to provide the Secretary to the Committee.
2. The security Committee of each School must be inaugurated Before the resumption date
3. The Security meeting must be held regularly and assessment of the School Security situation may be made promptly, It is further directed that,each School must ensure they forward the minutes or the meeting to their supervising Ministry, Departments and agency (MDAs) as soon as possible before the resumption on Monday 25th January, 2021
4 Suffice it to say that it is imperative and compulsory for each School Management to ensure COVID-19 protocols compliance by both Staff and Students.
5. In the light of the above you are therefore, directed to unfailingly bring the content of this letter to all Principals and Head Teachers under your supervision, please
6. Thank you
Musa Abdu Dankama
For- Honourable Commissioner
If you have any question, kindly feel free to ask us using the comment box below. We will be very pleased to answer you.
If you don’t have any question, kindly go through some posts we have just for you:
- List of Best Graduated Students With Great CGPA in 2018/2019 Academic Session
- Are there Some Useless Courses in Nigeria Universities & Polytechnics???
- How to Save More Money As a Student
- I was so serious men didn’t bother asking me out — Gomina IBBU Overall Best Student
- The Struggles of Lecture Hall and How to Excel [Must Read]
- Some Profitable Businesses To Run On Campus As a Student
- FUTA First Class Student, popularly called ‘Zobo Girl’, tells her Success story
- 10 Tips to Study Late at Night without Sleeping
- Very Important Computer Shortcuts you Ought to Know
- 25 Etiquette (Good Behavior) You Should Never Forget
- 25 Etiquette (Good Behaviour) You Should Never Forget
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Higher Institution
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Universities & Polytechnics
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.