Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) World Maritime Day Essay Competition 2020 is On. Deadline to submit the essay is 18th February 2021. See details below.
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is organising an Essay Competition to commemorate the World Maritime Day and to create awareness of the tremendous potential and opportunities in the Maritime Sector in Nigeria and indeed Worldwide.
The World Maritime Day is formally celebrated by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and by Member States and other entities throughout the world.
Topic for NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition.
The topic For the essay competition is “Sustainable Shipping for Sustainable Planet“, in Line with the theme For the 2019 celebration of the World Maritime Day.
NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition Prizes.
- 1st: N500,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque + Publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE & the
- 1st: N500,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque + Publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE & the NIMASA website.
- 2nd: N350,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque
- 3rd: N250,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plaque
- Seven (7) Consolation Awards of: N100,000 Education Grant each and a plaque
NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition Requirements.
- The essay competition is open to only Year 1 and Year 2 students of Nigerian tertiary institutions
- Participants are required to scan bona fide proof of studentship alongside their essays. Proof should include letters of admission and identity cards of the institution
- Essays should be maximum of 1,200 words (+ or – 10%) double spaced in MS Word and font size 12
- Plagiarism will not be accepted
- Essay should end with the name, telephone number and e-mail address of the participant
- Essays that do not follow the guidelines will be disqualified
How to Enter NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition.
- The topic for the essay competition should be the subject matter
- Essays should be a maximum of 1,200 words [+ or – 10%] double spaced in Ms word and font size 12
- No collaboration or joint work is allowed
- No plagiarism, in whole or part, will be acceptable
- Essays should end with the name, telephone number and email address of the participant
- Essays that do not Follow the guidelines will be disregarded
- Only successful participants wilt be contacted.
- No essay will be accepted outside the closing date the competition
CLOSING DATE: The deadline to participate in the essay competition is 18th February 2021.
PRESENTATION OF AWARDS AND PRIZES: Prizes & Awards will be presented at a date to be announced.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.