Hot: Top 5 Must-Have for Freshers' in Any Nigerian Higher Institution

Ad: Live, Work, and STUDY in Canada or any other country abroad with no stress. No payment until your visa is approved. CLICK HERE for more details or WhatsApp 09019196619

Ad: Stay Updated with all the Trending Happenings in Nigeria. Visit Now

Kidnappers release two daughters of Ibadan school proprietor

Two daughters of a Director of Sports in the Old Western State and proprietor of Subuola Nursery and Primary School in Ibadan, Chief Emiola Adesina have regained their freedom.

DAILY POST recalls that the duo of Omobola Adepoju and Abiola Olukotun who are daughters of Chief Emiola were kidnappedalong the Ife-Ibadan Expressway in Ibadan, the Oyo state capital on Monday.

A former Permanent Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Communication, Professor Tunji Olaopa, broke the news of the abduction of the duo on Tuesday.

Olaopa, who is a family friend of the kidnapped victims said that the abductors demanded the sum of one hundred million naira (N100m) as ransom.

DAILY POST, however, gathered that the kidnapped victims have regained their freedom from their abductors.

Read Also:COVID-19: Lagos teachers to teach on radio, TV, online

Our correspondent gathered on Wednesday that the duo were released on Wednesday, though it was not clear if the ransom was paid before they were released and the amount paid to the kidnappers.

Olaopa in a short message made available to DAILY POST Wednesday night, confirmed the release of the duo.

He said, “I want to thank everyone on this platform for the solidarity you showed on the abduction of Mrs Bola Adepoju her sister as posted by Professor Olaopa. And to inform you that they have both been released today. Thank you all.”

All efforts made by DAILY POST to get more facts about the kidnap incident and the subsequent release of the duo from the former Permanent Secretary proved to be abortive as at the time of filing this report on Thursday.

Also, all efforts made by DAILY POST to get the reaction of the Public Relations Officer of the state Police Command, Mr. Olugbenga Fadeyi to confirm the time and how the duo were rescued proved to be abortive as calls made through his telephone line was not successful.

An SMS sent to him asking him to give more insights of the incident has not been replied as at the time of filing this report on Thursday.

Source: Daily Post

facebook sharing button

Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Ad Blocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Copy link