Ad: Sell Off Your Unnecessary Stuff! Visit

Ad: Live, Work, and STUDY in Canada or any other country abroad with no stress. No payment until your visa is approved. CLICK HERE for more details or WhatsApp 09019196619

Ad: Guaranteed Admission Into 200level Into Any University of your Choice Without JAMB UTME through IJMB. If interested call 08032433497

JAMB Subject Combination & Requirement for Music

JAMB Subject Combination & UTME/DE Requirement for MUSIC IN FACULTY OF ARTS/HUMANITIES.

JAMB Subject combination for Music

Do you want to study Music as a course/programme  in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..

In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Music in Faculty of Arts. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.

The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.

In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??

It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.

Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.


Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for MUSIC in faculty of Arts and Humanities.

  • English Language(*), Music, one (1) other Arts subject and any other subject.


  • BOWEN requires any of Literature in English or CRS as the other subject.
  • LASU accepts Music plus any two (2) other subjects.
  • IBADAN accepts any other three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects.
  • MOUNTAIN TOP requires any three subjects.
  • OAU accepts any three (3) subjects from Arts, Social Sciences or Sciences.
  • UNN and PHC accept any three (3) subjects.


Below is the UTME Requirement for MUSIC in faculty of Arts and Humanities

  • Five (5) SSC credit passes including Music and English Language.


  • BOWEN accepts Music Society of Nigeria’s Grade V certificate, Trinity College of Music Grade V certificate and Associated Board of Royal School of Music Grade V Certificate and other Arts or Social Science subjects.
  • JOS requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Literature in English and any Arts/Social Science subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
  • MOUNTAIN TOP requires:
    a. five (5) ‘O’ Level SSC or its equivalent credit passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language and other four (4) subjects chosen from Social Sciences, Arts and Natural Sciences. While a Credit pass in Music at SSCE level is not mandatory it is desirable.
    b. A minimum of Grade 5 Certificate of the Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM), Mountain Top International Music School (MIMS), Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) or Trinity College of Music (TCM) will be considered as an equivalent of an SSC Music credit pass.  
  • OAU accepts English Language, one Arts or Humanities subject and three (3) from Biology, Physics, Chemistry, ICT, Economics, Geography, Agricultural Science, Accounting, Mathematics.
  • OAU requires ‘O’ level credit passes in another Language, African or European.
  • OAU and IBADAN – ‘O’ Level credit pass in Music is not compulsory.
  • PHC requires Five (5) SSC credits in English Language and any other four (4) subjects from Music, Literature in English, History/Government, CRK/IRK, Economics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Physics, Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba, Fine Art, Geography, Commerce.
  • UNIZIK does not require ‘O’ Level credit pass in Music but does accept ‘O’ Level pass in English Language.
  • UNN and UYO require candidates to pass Audition which is held on the last Thursday and Friday of August every year.
  • UYO does not insist on a credit pass in Music at ‘O’ Level. If a candidate earns a Grade V certificate in the Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM) Examination or Music Society of Nigeria (MUSON) Examination, it will be an added advantage.
  • DELSU requires five credits at ‘O’ Level, which may include Mathematics, English Language, and four other subjects from Arts, Social Science and Science.
  • IAUED requires O’ Level credit passes at the GCE, WAEC/SSCE or NECO level in five subjects: English Language and Mathematics and any three from the following: Christian Religious Studies (CRS), History, Literature in English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Integrated Science, Commerce, Government, Economics, Physical and Health Studies, Technical Studies.


Below is the Direct Entry (DE) Requirement for MUSIC in faculty of Arts and Humanities.

  • Two (2) ‘A’ level passes to include Music.


  • BOWEN accepts ‘A’ Level pass in Mathematics or other Arts or Social Science subjects.
  • DELSU accepts
    a) NCE in Music with merit pass and above
    b) DELSU Diploma in Music with merit    pass and above
    c) ND in music with upper credit and above.
  • DELSU does not insist on ‘O’ Level credit pass in Music. Both the UTME and DE candidates must pass departmental audition.
  • IBADAN accepts:
    a) ND/HND upper credit in Music from recognised institutions will be admitted into the 200 level.
    b) ‘A’ Level pass in Music plus any other two (2) ‘A’ Level subjects will be admitted into the 200 level.  
    c) NCE credit/merit Music major and any other subject will be admitted into the 200 level.
    d) Grade VIII Theory ABRSM or MUSON Certificate with any good HND or degree certificate will be admitted into the 200 level.
  • JOS accepts MUSIC major in relevant programme such as Theatre Arts, ND MUSIC credit or NCE credit/merit in Music Education credit/merit, IJMB ‘A’ Level in Music in addition to UTME requirements.
  • LASU accepts:
    a) NCE merit in Music Education, Music Technology/Music from recognised institutions.
    b) ND Music/Music Technology
    c) (a) and (b) in addition to five  (5)’O’ Level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings to include English Language and any combination of Arts and Sciences.
  • OAU accepts passes in three (3) subjects including Music
    a) NCE credit in Music.
    b) ABRSM London, Grade VIII (theory and practical) or its equivalent.
    c) Diploma Music at upper credit from OAU or any other recognized higher institution.
  • PHC accepts At least two (2) A/level passes in GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB from a recognized equivalent in any two Arts subjects including UTME entry requirements Music Single or Double major, with an overall merit level Pass from a recognized College of Education, including UTME entry requirements. Grade 8 (Theory and Practical) of Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM), including UTME entry requirements. Grade 8 (Theory and Practical) of Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON), including UTME entry requirements  Licentiate Certificate (Theory and Practical), including UTME entry requirements. Diploma from the Department of Music, University of Port Harcourt or any other recognized Institution, including UTME entry requirements
  • UNN accepts
    a) for three (3) Years
    1. Pass in NCE single major, NCE double major, and ND in music.
    2. Music Society of Nigeria’s Grade V Certificate.
    3. Trinity College of Music Grade V certificate
    4. Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music Grade V certificate.
    b) for two (2) Years NCE merit double major in Music Education
  • UYO accepts ND
  • IAUED: Post NCE and Post Diploma in Music/ Music Education (3 years). Candidates for direct entry must hold a diploma in Music or NCE Music with a grade not lower than merit pass. Note: That candidates with Diploma or N.C.E from other disciplines must pass a departmental audition test. However, such candidates would only be admitted into year one of the B.A (ED) and B.A. programmes in Music.
  • MOUNTAIN TOP in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements, requires:
    i. Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes including Music.
    ii. Joint University Provisional Examination Board (JUPEB) – Music
    iii. OND from a recognized institution with a minimum of Upper Credit.
    iv. NCE (Music Major) not less than Merit
    v. Minimum of Grade 7 Certificate from any of the following bodies: Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM), Mountain Top International Music School (MIMS), Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) or Trinity College of Music (TCM) may also be considered.
  • Conversion Programme:
    For admission into the Conversion Programme (3rd year of the Bachelors Music Programme), MOUNTAIN TOP will consider candidates with the following qualifications:
    i. Distinction in Music at HND Level
    ii. Diploma Certificate from the following institutions: Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM), Mountaintop International Music School (MIMS), Music Society of Nigeria (MUSON), Trinity College of Music (TCM) or from other recognized institutions


Below are universities that study MUSIC in Faculty of Arts and Humanities;

  • COOU
  • GOUU
  • JOS
  • LASU
  • OAU
  • OOU
  • PHC
  • UNN
  • UYO

Source: JAMB Brochure.


Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.

Notify of
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Am an conmashl act student That want to study music in school

Babs Peter

I didn’t do Music in my O Level. Can I still choose it as a course?


Please I have a science O’level NABTEB result , I did pass English language, economics, ICT…
Is it possible to gain admission if i sit for jamb and get the cut of mark ?


O level Eng c5 lit, c5, maths C4, govt B2 and Civic B3. I didn’t did music in waec. Utme crs,govt,Eng,lit. can I still study Music in OAU? pls urgently sir🙏🙏


Sir am a science student aspiring to do music at lasu but I didn’t do music in my O’level.. Can I aply

Ajiboye Emmanuel

Sir what are the subject needed in jamb for music


Pls sir, can I study music as a science student


Plz I need more light on this how can I contact u people


pls what is the cut of mark for music in oau


Hello sir, please what faculty do music belong too at unilag thanks.

Daniel Godwin Idiong

Please is it possible for someone to study music without economic and music because no doubt the school I went to don’t teach music ?

Mathew Adeleke

sir, can you please reply me the list of universities that doesn’t compulsory music in O’level results please.

Mathew Adeleke

sir, I’m about to register for utme and I want to study music but I’m a science student.


Hi sir ,I have 5 credits ,3 B’s ,1 fail(literature)
Can I study music with this result NB:I DIDNT WRITE MUSIC IN WAEC

Gezelle Dee

Sir I want to study music in the university but am a science student so what should I write in my jamb,neck,waec and post utme to get an admission to study music thank you I will be waiting for your reply

Gezelle Dee

Sir am a science student and also a rapper but I really don’t want to give up my music career and I was told by my parent that am going to write my external examination this new year so I was thinking if you can help me choose the subjects I will write during my external examination,thank you


Good day sir Am a science student I have my complete 8credits including maths and English in my waec buh i want to study Music Education in Delta State University pls sir what Jamb combination should i go for
Note the only Art subject I did in my waec is Civic Education, Catering and economics thanks i will be waiting for ur reply

Friday sufficient


Promise okhevbehimi

What are subject needed to study education and music in jamb

Promise okhevbehimi

I am a sicence student,can i study education and music?

Ad Blocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Copy link