JAMB Subject Combination & UTME/DE Requirement for MUSIC IN FACULTY OF ARTS/HUMANITIES.
Do you want to study Music as a course/programme in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Music in Faculty of Arts. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR MUSIC
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for MUSIC in faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- English Language(*), Music, one (1) other Arts subject and any other subject.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BOWEN requires any of Literature in English or CRS as the other subject.
- LASU accepts Music plus any two (2) other subjects.
- IBADAN accepts any other three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects.
- MOUNTAIN TOP requires any three subjects.
- OAU accepts any three (3) subjects from Arts, Social Sciences or Sciences.
- UNN and PHC accept any three (3) subjects.
O’LEVEL REQUIREMENT FOR MUSIC
Below is the UTME Requirement for MUSIC in faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Five (5) SSC credit passes including Music and English Language.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BOWEN accepts Music Society of Nigeria’s Grade V certificate, Trinity College of Music Grade V certificate and Associated Board of Royal School of Music Grade V Certificate and other Arts or Social Science subjects.
- JOS requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Literature in English and any Arts/Social Science subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
- MOUNTAIN TOP requires:
a. five (5) ‘O’ Level SSC or its equivalent credit passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language and other four (4) subjects chosen from Social Sciences, Arts and Natural Sciences. While a Credit pass in Music at SSCE level is not mandatory it is desirable.
b. A minimum of Grade 5 Certificate of the Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM), Mountain Top International Music School (MIMS), Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) or Trinity College of Music (TCM) will be considered as an equivalent of an SSC Music credit pass.
- OAU accepts English Language, one Arts or Humanities subject and three (3) from Biology, Physics, Chemistry, ICT, Economics, Geography, Agricultural Science, Accounting, Mathematics.
- OAU requires ‘O’ level credit passes in another Language, African or European.
- OAU and IBADAN – ‘O’ Level credit pass in Music is not compulsory.
- PHC requires Five (5) SSC credits in English Language and any other four (4) subjects from Music, Literature in English, History/Government, CRK/IRK, Economics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Physics, Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba, Fine Art, Geography, Commerce.
- UNIZIK does not require ‘O’ Level credit pass in Music but does accept ‘O’ Level pass in English Language.
- UNN and UYO require candidates to pass Audition which is held on the last Thursday and Friday of August every year.
- UYO does not insist on a credit pass in Music at ‘O’ Level. If a candidate earns a Grade V certificate in the Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM) Examination or Music Society of Nigeria (MUSON) Examination, it will be an added advantage.
- DELSU requires five credits at ‘O’ Level, which may include Mathematics, English Language, and four other subjects from Arts, Social Science and Science.
- IAUED requires O’ Level credit passes at the GCE, WAEC/SSCE or NECO level in five subjects: English Language and Mathematics and any three from the following: Christian Religious Studies (CRS), History, Literature in English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Integrated Science, Commerce, Government, Economics, Physical and Health Studies, Technical Studies.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR MUSIC
Below is the Direct Entry (DE) Requirement for MUSIC in faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes to include Music.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BOWEN accepts ‘A’ Level pass in Mathematics or other Arts or Social Science subjects.
- DELSU accepts
a) NCE in Music with merit pass and above
b) DELSU Diploma in Music with merit pass and above
c) ND in music with upper credit and above.
- DELSU does not insist on ‘O’ Level credit pass in Music. Both the UTME and DE candidates must pass departmental audition.
- IBADAN accepts:
a) ND/HND upper credit in Music from recognised institutions will be admitted into the 200 level.
b) ‘A’ Level pass in Music plus any other two (2) ‘A’ Level subjects will be admitted into the 200 level.
c) NCE credit/merit Music major and any other subject will be admitted into the 200 level.
d) Grade VIII Theory ABRSM or MUSON Certificate with any good HND or degree certificate will be admitted into the 200 level.
- JOS accepts MUSIC major in relevant programme such as Theatre Arts, ND MUSIC credit or NCE credit/merit in Music Education credit/merit, IJMB ‘A’ Level in Music in addition to UTME requirements.
- LASU accepts:
a) NCE merit in Music Education, Music Technology/Music from recognised institutions.
b) ND Music/Music Technology
c) (a) and (b) in addition to five (5)’O’ Level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings to include English Language and any combination of Arts and Sciences.
- OAU accepts passes in three (3) subjects including Music
a) NCE credit in Music.
b) ABRSM London, Grade VIII (theory and practical) or its equivalent.
c) Diploma Music at upper credit from OAU or any other recognized higher institution.
- PHC accepts At least two (2) A/level passes in GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB from a recognized equivalent in any two Arts subjects including UTME entry requirements Music Single or Double major, with an overall merit level Pass from a recognized College of Education, including UTME entry requirements. Grade 8 (Theory and Practical) of Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM), including UTME entry requirements. Grade 8 (Theory and Practical) of Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON), including UTME entry requirements Licentiate Certificate (Theory and Practical), including UTME entry requirements. Diploma from the Department of Music, University of Port Harcourt or any other recognized Institution, including UTME entry requirements
- UNN accepts
a) for three (3) Years
1. Pass in NCE single major, NCE double major, and ND in music.
2. Music Society of Nigeria’s Grade V Certificate.
3. Trinity College of Music Grade V certificate
4. Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music Grade V certificate.
b) for two (2) Years NCE merit double major in Music Education
- UYO accepts ND
- IAUED: Post NCE and Post Diploma in Music/ Music Education (3 years). Candidates for direct entry must hold a diploma in Music or NCE Music with a grade not lower than merit pass. Note: That candidates with Diploma or N.C.E from other disciplines must pass a departmental audition test. However, such candidates would only be admitted into year one of the B.A (ED) and B.A. programmes in Music.
- MOUNTAIN TOP in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements, requires:
i. Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes including Music.
ii. Joint University Provisional Examination Board (JUPEB) – Music
iii. OND from a recognized institution with a minimum of Upper Credit.
iv. NCE (Music Major) not less than Merit
v. Minimum of Grade 7 Certificate from any of the following bodies: Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM), Mountain Top International Music School (MIMS), Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) or Trinity College of Music (TCM) may also be considered.
- Conversion Programme:
For admission into the Conversion Programme (3rd year of the Bachelors Music Programme), MOUNTAIN TOP will consider candidates with the following qualifications:
i. Distinction in Music at HND Level
ii. Diploma Certificate from the following institutions: Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM), Mountaintop International Music School (MIMS), Music Society of Nigeria (MUSON), Trinity College of Music (TCM) or from other recognized institutions
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY MUSIC
Below are universities that study MUSIC in Faculty of Arts and Humanities;
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.