JAMB Subject Combination & UTME/DE Requirement for FINE AND APPLIED ARTS.
Do you want to study Fine & Applied Arts as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Fine & Applied Arts in Faculty/College of Art. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
Below is the JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Fine Arts, Fine & Applied Arts, Creative Arts, and Visual & Applied Arts .
English Language(*), Fine Arts and two (2) other Arts subjects or Social Science subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BENIN accepts two (2) Arts subjects and any other subject.
- LAGOS accepts English Language, any one of Fine Arts/Literature-in-English/Music, one Arts subject and any Science or Social Science.
- NDU accepts any three (3) subjects.
- PHC requires any other three (3) subjects from Literature in English, History/Government, CRK/IRK, Economics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Physics, Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba, Fine Art, Geography, Commerce.
- DELSU requires any three (3) subjects from Arts and Social Science.
- IAUED requires English Language and any three (3) from the following: History, Government, Economics, Religious and Cultural Studies, Music, Fine Art, Commerce, Igbo, Literature in English, Social Studies, Accounting, or any other course in the Arts or Social Sciences
O’LEVEL REQUIREMENT FOR FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
Below is the UTME Requirement for Fine Arts, Fine & Applied Arts, Creative Arts, and Visual & Applied Arts
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language and Fine Arts.
- For holders of NTC, the relevant subjects could be General Wood work, Building/Engineering Drawing, Introduction to Building Construction; Decorative Painting; SprayPainting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing; Printing Origination; Machine Printing and Finishing; General Metal Work, Basic Electricity, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing; Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing; Graphic Design; Graphic Printing and Ceramics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- ABSU accepts:
a) ‘O’ Level credit pass in English Language provided Fine Art grade is not below B3.
b) ‘O’ Level credit passes in Mathematics and any three (3) subjects from Arts, Social Sciences and Sciences
- BENIN accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language and one Arts subject. It also accepts candidates without Fine Arts at ‘O’ Level.
- FED-LAFIA requires Five (5) Credit passes at SSCE, GCE, NECO and NABTEB O’ Level examination including English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects in not more than two sittings. Credit level pass in Fine Arts/ Visual Arts is an added advantage.
- LAGOS accepts:
a) For Theatre Arts, Five O/Level credit passes in English Language, Literature-in-English, Mathematics and any other two subjects one of which must be an Arts subject.
b) For Music, Five O/Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, two Arts subjects (which may include Music) and any other subject.
c) For Visual Arts, Five O/Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, two Arts subjects (which may include any one of Fine Arts/Visual Arts/Photography/Craft Practice/Dyeing & Bleaching/Painting & Decoration), and any other subject.
- NDU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language and any four (4) of the following Literature in English, Fine Arts, History, Geography, Economics and Religious Studies at not more than two (2) sittings.
- PHC requires Five (5) O Level Credits in English Language and any other four (4) subjects from Literature in English, History/Government, CRK/IRK, Economics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Physics, Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba, Fine Art, Geography, Commerce
- UNN requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Fine and Applied Arts and one Science subject. Candidates who possess NBC/NTC must have five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes which must include English language, Technical drawing, Painting and Decorating and a Science subject.
- DELSU: Candidates without Fine Art/Visual Arts should possess at least five (5) ‘O’ Level credits which may include Mathematics, English Language, and four other subjects from Arts, Social Science and Science.
- IAUED requires SSCE or GCE, O’level with five credit passes at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics. The other three subjects could be chosen from the Arts or Social Sciences. Candidates without a credit in Fine Art at a single sitting or Five (5) credit passes without Fine Art may be considered where need be. Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, graduates from a technical college with NABTEB, NTC, City and Guilds coupled with the Federal Craft and Certificate in related courses, e.g., painting and decorations, interior and exterior decorations, art and craft, etc are accepted with credit passes including English language and Fine Arts.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
Below is the Direct Entry (DE) Requirement for Fine Arts, Fine & Applied Arts, Creative Arts, and Visual & Applied Arts.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Arts or Fine Arts and any other subject.
- ND, upper credit HND, lower credit from recognised institutions.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BENIN requires ‘A’ Level passes in Fine Arts and any other subjects, which must include Literature in English. It accepts ND upper credit or HND lower credit in Fine Arts subjects from recognised institutions.
- LAGOS requires Very good passes in three JUPEB/A’ Level subjects: Theatre Arts: Literature in English and any two of Igbo/Yoruba, CRS/IRS, French, History, Government, Music and Visual Arts. Visual Arts: Visual Arts and any two of Igbo/Yoruba, CRS/IRS, French, History, Government and Music. Music: Music and any two from Literature in English, Igbo/Yoruba, CRS/IRS, French, History, Government, Economics, Chemistry, Biology, Further Mathematics and Visual Arts. Also accepts HND/OND at Upper Credit Level in Drama/Theatre and Music; NCE Music and Diploma or Advanced level in Music from the Royal School of Music, London, Trinity College, London and Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON).
- MAIDUGURI accepts NCE with Fine/Creative Arts (Major)
- UNN requires:
a) three (3) GCE ‘A’ Level passes in Fine Arts or Technical Drawing plus the UTME requirements.
b) HND holders with an average of B grade with the UTME requirements into 300 level.
c) ND credit or NCE merit with the UTME requirements.
d) Candidates would be interviewed
- NDU requires a pass in Literature in English at the ‘A’ Level GCE, or HSC or merit NCE, and in other Arts subject, Fine and Industrial Arts or Theatre Arts.
- PHC accepts A/level passes in GCE or HSC or IJMB or JUPEB in two (2) Art subjects including Literature in English, in addition to UTME entry requirements in two (2) Arts subjects including English Language, with an overall merit level Pass from a recognized College of Education.
- FED-LAFIA accepts In addition to the UTME requirements, DE Candidates must have any of the following: Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Fine Arts/Industrial Arts at Lower Credit level/HND NCE: Fine Arts at Merit Level. IJMB: Minimum of 9 points
- DELSU requires
a) OND in Fine Art with a minimum grade of credit
b) Diploma in Fine and Applied Arts, DELSU, with at least merit grade
c) A ‘Level passes in Fine and Applied Arts and at least one other subject.
- IAUED: Applicants who hold the NCE with a merit level and above from the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education or any other recognized institution will be admitted for the BA.Ed programme in addition to completing the JAMB (Direct Entry) requirements. OR
a) Two (2) A Level passes in Arts or Fine Arts and any other subject.
b) ND upper credit HND lower credit from recognised institutions
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.