Accurate JAMB Subject Combination & DE/UTME Requirement for EDUCATION AND FRENCH.
Do you want to study either of Education and French or French Education?? Then we’ve got you covered. In this page we are going to show you the JAMB subject combination and UTME/DE requirement for the course above. The UTME/DE requirement was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure.
The good thing about this page is that, with this page, you will not be denied admission because of the wrong subject combination or requirement.
Very Important! If you didn’t meet the JAMB Subject Combination and Direct Entry and O’level requirement for Education and French; note their are chances that your school (University) have a special consideration (WAIVER) for you.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
We contacted JAMB and ask them to define “Special Consideration” they said it mean “Candidates with Issues”. If you have registered your JAMB before coming across this page, then there are chances you didn’t choose the correct subject combination. If so the you’re in the category of Special consideration , some schools have a different requirement for their prospective students. These requirement are in the special consideration column. We will show you their special consideration.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course.
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR EDUCATION AND FRENCH
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Education and French;
- English Language(*), French plus two (2) other Arts subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BENIN accepts Literature in English and two (2) other Arts or Social Science subjects.
- LAGOS accepts English Language and any three subjects from Arts or Social Sciences.
- IAUED requires English Language and any three (3) from Mathematics, History, Government, Economics, Religious & Cultural Studies, Music, Fine Arts, Commerce, Igbo, Yoruba, Literature in English, Social Studies, Accounting or any other course in Arts and Social Sciences.
- DELSU accepts one Arts subject and any other two (2) subject.
- TASUED requires any three (3) subjects.
- ILORIN requires French and any other two (2) arts subjects.
- PHC requires French, Literature in English and any other subject from History/Government, CRK/IRK, Economics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Physics, Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba, Fine Art, Geography, Commerce, Accounting.
O’LEVEL REQUIREMENT FOR EDUCATION AND FRENCH
Below is the UTME Requirement for Education and French
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language and French.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BAYERO, BENIN, OAU, EKSU, UNIZIK and LASU, accepts TC II merit in five (5) subjects.
- BENIN requires other subjects chosen from History/Government, Fine Arts, Christian Religious Studies, Literature in English plus English Language.
- IMSU, EDALV and UNN accept any other two (2) subjects.
- UNIZIK accepts any three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects
- ABSU requires ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language and Mathematics.
- PHC require Five (5) O/Level Credits in English Language, French, Literature in English and any other two (2) subjects from History/Government, CRK/IRK, Economics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Physics, Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba, Fine Art, Geography, Commerce, Accounting
- UMYUK requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, French and any other three (3) Arts subjects with ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics.
- DELSU requires GCE ‘O’ Level credit passes in at least five (5) subjects including English Language, French and Literature and any other two (2) subjects.
- TASUED requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at one (1) sitting or six (6) ‘O’ Level credits passes at two (2) sittings to include English language, French and any other Arts or Social Science subjects.
- CALABAR requires ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics.
- ABSU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, French and any three (3) subjects.
- OAU requires ‘O’ Level credit passes or TC merit/credit in five (5) subjects including English Language and French.
- IAUED requires ‘O’ Level credit passes at the GCE, WAEC/SSCE or NECO level in five (5) subjects in the Arts and Social Sciences, including English and Mathematics, at not more than two (2) sittings.
- LASU requires ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics.
- LAGOS requires Five O/Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, and any three subjects from Arts, Science and Social Sciences.
- ILORIN requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credits to include English, Mathematics, French and any other two (2) Arts Subjects obtained through GCE/SSCE/NECO/ NABTEB.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR EDUCATION AND FRENCH
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for Education and French;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes/NCE merit in French and one(1) other Arts subject.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- EDALV and UDU accept ND plus four (4) ‘O’ Level credit passes and admits NCE holders to 300 level.
- CALABAR accepts NCE General English Language in lieu of credit pass in ‘O’ Level English Language.
- BENIN requires.
(a) two (2) or three (3)’O’ Level credit passes including English Language and others from Literature in English, Religious Studies, Fine Arts, French, History/Government plus three (3) or two (2) NCE merit including French.
(b) two (2)’A’ Level passes in relevant subjects plus the UTME requirements.
- UMYUK requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in the subject of specialization and any other Arts subject. Also accepts NCE credit in French.
- TASUED accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level passes/NCE merit in French and any other subject in Arts and Social Science subjects or the equivalent of ‘A’ Level ND in French. Diploma de 1’Alliance Fransaise 2e degree. Students must pass French before graduation.
- OAU accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level passes which must include French and one (1) other Arts or Professional subject. Candidates with ‘A’ Level pass in French double major or combined or NCE French double major are eligible for admission with or without ‘O’ Level French.
- LAGOS accepts NCE credit/merit: Subject (French and any other two Arts subjects) NFLV Diploma/Modules I-III. Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects: French and any two of Literature in English, CRS, IRS, Igbo/Yoruba, Government/History. Three ‘A’ Level passes in relevant teaching subject areas.
- PHC accepts Two (2) A/level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in the relevant subjects including UTME entry requirements. NCE with Credit passes in the relevant subjects including UTME requirements for a 2-year degree programme
- DELSU requires;
a) At least merit passes in French and any other subject at the NCE
b) ‘A’ Level passes should include French and any other Arts subjects.
- ILORIN accepts NCE/Two A/L Passes to include Principal subject (French).
- IAUED accepts;
a) GCE A ‘Level or Baccalaureate equivalent from Francophone countries;
b) Merit in French at NCE level;
c) DELF B1/B2 or DALF C1/C2
d) Diploma in French (Nigeria French Language Village) in addition to the departmental UTME requirements.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY EDUCATION AND FRENCH
EDUCATION, LANGUAGE AND FRENCH
By now, you should know the importance of special consideration and must be eager to now the special consideration for this course. Lets make something clear! Make sure you chose the correct subject combination for this course.
To know the special consideration for this course, please CLICK HERE (thereafter, chose your aspiring university and locate your course and its special consideration).
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.