Accurate JAMB Subject Combination & DE/UTME Requirement for COMPUTER ENGINEERING IN FACULTY/SCHOOL/COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING/ENVIRONMENT/TECHNOLOGY.
Do you want to study Computer Engineering as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Computer Engineering in Faculty/College of Engineering/Environment/Technology. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Computer Engineering in faculty of Engineering/Environment/Technology;
- English Language(*), Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- NILE accepts any three (3) Science subjects.
- OOU requires any three (3) of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science.
- FUTA requires Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- MAIDUGURI requires Mathematics, Physics and any of Chemistry or Biology or Agricultural Science.
- ILORIN requires Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- CARITAS requires Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
- LAGOS requires English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics & Physics.
- ABU accepts Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
O’LEVEL REQUIREMENT FOR COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Below is the UTME Requirement for Computer Engineering in faculty of Engineering/Environment/Technology;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Chemistry , Physics and English Language.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- ABUAD and OOU accept any Science Subject in lieu of Further Mathematics.
- ESUTECH requires ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language and all other relevant subjects.
- FED-OYEEKITI requires five (5) credits at SSC (or its equivalent) including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and one other Science subject from Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Biology/Agricultural Science.
- LAGOS requires Five O/Level credit passes in English, Mathematics Further Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- MINNA and BELLS require five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other Science subject.
- NILE accepts English Language, Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry and any other two (2) Science subjects.
- RSUST and UMUDIKE – Same as in Civil Engineering.
- EUI requires five (5) credit passes at SSC or its equivalent to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language and any other Science subject.
- FUTA requires five (5) SSC credit passes or its equivalent at a maximum of two (2) sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other Science subject. Candidates with credit pass in Further Mathematics and Technical Drawing shall have added advantage.
- ILORIN – UTME candidates are required to obtain O’Level credits in Five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other relevant science subject in a single sitting.
- CARITAS requires Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other science subject.
- ABU accepts five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other Science subject. (Including Economics, Technical Drawing, Metalwork and Woodwork).
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for Computer Engineering in faculty of Engineering/Environment/Technology;
- Three (3) ‘A’ level passes in Pure Mathematics or Pure and Applied Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BELLS accepts;
a) two (2) ‘A’ Level passes from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
b) ND/HND upper credit in Computer Engineering, or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- BENIN, ABUAD and LAGOS – Same as in Chemical Engineering.
- FED-OYE EKITI requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- ILORIN – In addition to ‘O’ Level and Post-UTME requirements, candidates must have either of the following:
a) ‘A’ Level IJMB/JUPEB or approved equivalent Pass in Mathematics, (Pure or/and Applied), Physics, and Chemistry with a minimum of 10 points.
b) OND (Upper Credit) in Computer Engineering Technology or Electrical & Electronics Engineering Technology with at least one year post diploma industrial work experience.
- Candidates with any of the following qualifications may be considered in addition:
c) First Degree in Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Science with Second Class Lower Division may be considered for admission into 200 Level.
d) HND in Computer Engineering Technology or Electrical & Electronics Engineering Technology discipline at Distinction or Upper Credits level from recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology after NYSC may be considered for upgrading to 300 Level.
e) First Degree Honours in any other Engineering discipline may be admitted into 300 Level.
- MAIDUGURI and BENIN – As in Chemical Engineering.
- OAU accepts ND upper credit in Computer Science
- OOU accepts ND/HND upper/lower credit in Computer Science.
- RSUST – Same as in Civil Engineering.
- NILE accepts any two (2) A’ level passes in Science subjects, ND/HND lower credit or NCE merit in relevant programmes.
- UMUDIKE accepts ND/HND upper credit with at least B average in Mathematics plus UTME requirements.
- UYO accepts ND/HND in relevant programmes plus UTME requirements.
- CARITAS accepts
a) Bachelor’s Degree in one (1) of Mathematics, Statistics, Physics and Chemistry.
b) NCE/ND/HND Lower credit in one (1) of Mathematics, Statistics, Physics and Chemistry.
c) GCE A’Level/IJMB/JUPEB Passes in Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry.
- EUI accepts;
a) Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
b) OND/HND not below credit level.
c) Very good passes in JUPEB/IJMB subjects: Literature in English and two (2) Arts or Social Sciences.
d) B.Sc. in Relevant field not below Second Class Lower.
- LAGOS accepts Very good passes in three JUPEB/A’ Level subjects: Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. ‘A’ level Cambridge HND/ND (Upper Credit) in related Engineering courses.
- ABU requires:
i. Two A level/IJMB passes which must include Physics and Mathematics.
ii. ND or equivalent in Electrical Eng. or relevant field, with minimum of Upper Credit from accredited institution.
iii. HND with at least lower credit in Electrical Engineering from accredited institution.
iv. ABU Diploma in Computer Engineering with a Minimum of Merit.
- FUTA requires;
a) ND or HND with a minimum of upper credit level or equivalent in Computer Engineering from accredited and recognised Polytechnics institutions; or
b) ‘A’ Level or equivalent in at least two (2) of the following: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- FED-OYE EKITI
- COMPUTER AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.