Accurate JAMB Subject Combination & DE/UTME Requirement for ANIMAL SCIENCE IN FACULTY/SCHOOL/COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE/ VET MEDICINE.
Do you want to study Animal Science as a course at any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool has got you covered. The good thing about this page is that you will not be denied admission for the wrong JAMB subject combination or requirement.
On this page, we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Animal Science in Faculty of Agriculture/Vet. medicine
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure (JAMB IBASS). It is the Updated, Accurate and Official version.
WARNING: Please take your time and read through this page because this course is offered in different faculties and each faculty has a different requirement. If confused, you can always use the comment box on this page and ALLSCHOOL will answer you ASAP.
It means, an additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school has a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination, or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
Note sometimes in the special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement.
We advise you to always check if your school of choice has a different requirement in the special consideration column
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR ANIMAL SCIENCE
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Animal Science in faculty of Agriculture/Vet. medicine;
- English Language(*), Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and Mathematics/Physics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- UNN and IBADAN – requirements as in Agricultural Economics and Agriculture respectively.
- BENIN – Same as in Agricultural Economics.
- UNIOSUN same as in Fisheries.
- CALABAR requires Mathematics or Physics.
- RSUST requires Agricultural Science or Biology.
- FUTO requires Chemistry, and any two (2) of Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics and Physics.
- PHC requires
O’LEVEL REQUIREMENT FOR ANIMAL SCIENCE
Below is the UTME Requirement for Animal Science in faculty of Agriculture/Vet. medicine;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agric Science and one of Physics, Geography or Economics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BENIN and UNN – As in Agricultural Economics.
- IBADAN – As in Agriculture.
- RSUST requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agric Science and any other subject.
- IMSU, DELSU accept ‘O’ Level pass in English Language.
- CALABAR accepts Geography and Economics and requires ‘O’ Level credit pass in Physics.
- MAKURDI requires five (5) credit passes in SSC or equivalent at not more than two (2) sittings in the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Mathematics, English Language and any other subject. At least ‘O’ Level pass in Physics is required. ‘O’ Level credit pass in Agricultural Science must be backed with at least ‘O’ Level pass in Biology. ‘O’ Level pass in English Language is acceptable if high grades are scored in the Science subjects.
- ESUTECH accepts ‘O’ Level passes in Physics and English Language and ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics.
- PHC requires Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any one of Physics, Geography and Economics.
- FUTO requires at least five (5) ‘O’ Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any other subject, in not more than two (2) sittings. At least a Pass is required in Physics.
- FUNAAB as in Agriculture Extension and Rural Development.
- UNIOSUN requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in the SSC or its equivalent at not more than two (2) sittings in addition to an acceptable score in the UTME.
- EBSU requires at least ‘O’ Level pass in Physics.
- TSUJ and ABSU require five (5) SSC credit passes in Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Physics and English Language. TSUJ accepts ‘O’ Level pass in Physics
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR ANIMAL SCIENCE
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for Animal Science in the faculty of Agricultural/Vet. Medicine;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes or its equivalent in Chemistry and one of Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agriculture Science/Geography/Geology/Mathematics/Economics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- OAU and ABSU accept HND upper credit. OAU does not accept Geography, Geology and Economics.
- CALABAR and COOU- Same as in Agriculture-Economics and Extension.
- BENIN, UNN and DELSU – As in Agricultural Economics.
- MAIDUGURI accepts NCE/ND/HND in relevant programs
- IMSU accepts ND credit in related programs and HND credit level.
- PHC accepts Two (2) A/level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in Agricultural Science and any one from Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Economics including UTME entry requirements. OND (Upper Credit) in Agriculture from a recognized Institution including UTME entry requirements. HND with at least a (Lower Credit) from a recognised institution, including UTME entry requirements for a 3-year degree programme. Diploma in Agriculture from a recognised institution with minimum of Credit Pass, including UTME entry requirements.
- FUTO accepts;
a) At least two (2) A’ level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and any one of Zoology, Botany, Agricultural Science, Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Economics.
b)OND/HND at Upper Credit in Life Sciences.
c) First Degree in Life Sciences.
d)Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry and any two (2) of Biology/ Agricultural Science, Mathematics and Physics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
- RSUST in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements accepts:
(a) HND (Lower Credit) in relevant discipline.
(b) OND (Upper Credit) in related discipline.
(c) NCE holders with credit passes in Biology or Agric Science.
(d) Two (2) HSC/GCE ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and Biology.
- FUNAAB – Same as in Animal Production and Health.
- MAKURDI accepts candidates who meet the UTME requirements, plus ND at lower credit in Agriculture or Animal Production and Health or NCE merit in Agricultural Science or Animal Science majormay be admitted to 100 level.
* Candidates with a minimum of upper credit in Agriculture or Animal Production and Health may be admitted to 200 level.
*Candidates with the UTME requirements, plus NCE credit in Agricultural Science or Animal Science Double Major may be admitted to 200 levels.
*Candidates with the UTME requirements, plus HND, upper credit pass Agriculture or Animal Production and Health may be admitted to 300 level.
- CALABAR accepts HND credit, ND/NCE merit in Agricultural Science or related programs.
- TSUJ accepts ND in Animal Production and health or any other program with animal science related options with a minimum of lower credit pass in addition to the UTME requirements.
- EBSU accepts;
(a) NCE with minimum merit passes in relevant subjects.
(b) HND and ND with a minimum of upper credit in relevant programs.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY ANIMAL SCIENCE
Below are universities you can study Animal Science in the Faculty of Agriculture/Vet. Medicine
with options in:
Animal Production, Animal Nutrition, Animal Breeding and Physiology
- ESUTECH (Animal science and fisheries management)
- FUTO (Animal science and technology)
(i) Diary & Meat Science
(ii) Animal Genetics & Breeding
(iii) Animal Production & Management
(iv) Animal Nutrition & Biochemistry.
- FUNAAB (Animal physiology)
- FUNAAB (Animal breeding and genetics)
- ABSU (Animal science and fisheries)
- IMSU (Animal science and fisheries)
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.