Accurate JAMB Subject Combination & O’level Requirement for OPTOMETRY Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES.
Do you want to study Optometry as a course at any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool has got you covered. The good thing about this page is that you will not be denied admission for the wrong JAMB subject combination or requirement.
On this page, we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Optometry in Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure (JAMB IBASS). It is the Updated, Accurate and Official version.
WARNING: Please take your time and read through this page because this course is offered in different faculties and each faculty has a different requirement. If confused, you can always use the comment box on this page and ALLSCHOOL will answer you ASAP.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, an additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school has a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination, or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in the special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement.
We advise you to always check if your school of choice has a different requirement in the special consideration column.
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR OPTOMETRY
Below is the UTME subject combination for Optometry in Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES;
- English Language(*), Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR UTME SUBJECTS
- FUTO requires Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- ILORIN requires Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- BENIN requires Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
O’LEVEL REQUIREMENT FOR OPTOMETRY
Below is the O’level Requirement for Optometry (UTME CANDIDATES)
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR O’LEVEL SUBJECTS
- FUTO requires at least five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology in not more than two (2) sittings.
- ILORIN requires five (5) ‘O’ Level Credit passes at one sitting in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- BENIN require Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR OPTOMETRY
- ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR DIRECT ENTRY
- ABSU awards Doctor of Optometry (O.D) and accepts B.Sc in relevant programme, HND/ND of Opthalmonic and
- ILORIN accepts UTME qualifications plus A’ Level passes in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. At least 13 Points.
- FUTO requires;
a) At least three ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
b) HND at Upper Credit level in health sciences.
c) First Degree with at least second Class lower Division in health sciences.
d) Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Biology and Physics. It does not accept NCE.
Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
- BENIN requires
a) Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) of Biology, Zoology or Physics.
b) ND distinction from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology in Science Laboratory Technology (SLT).
c) HND distinction from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology in Polymer Chemistry and Science Laboratory Technology (SLT)
d) NCE distinction in Chemistry from a recognized College of Education. In addition, candidates should have credit.
Candidates for Direct Entry should also satisfy the UTME requirements
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY OPTOMETRY
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.