Accurate JAMB Subject Combination & DE/UTME Requirement for VETERINARY MEDICINE.
Do you want to study Veterinary Medicine in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Veterinary Medicine in Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the said course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR VETERINARY MEDICINE
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Veterinary Medicine;
- English Language(*), Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- UDU accept Physics or Mathematics.
- ABU requires Use of English, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
O’LEVEL REQUIREMENT FOR VETERINARY MEDICINE
Below is the UTME Requirement for Veterinary Medicine;
- Five (5) O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- IBADAN requires five (5) or six (6) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English. Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and any other relevant subject.
- MAKURDI accepts Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
- UDU accepts Agricultural Science and Health Science.
- ABU accepts Five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR VETERINARY MEDICINE
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for Veterinary Medicine;
- A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Zoology, Physics or Mathematics.
- ABU accepts Three ‘A’ level /IJMB passes in Biology/Zoology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics. HND in Animal Health and Husbandry or Animal Production at Lower Credit from an accredited institution.
- MAKURDI accept HND distinction in:
a) Poultry Production
b) Animal Health
c) Animal Products Inspection.
- ABUJA accepts- ND/HND upper credit in Animal Health and Production or BSc, in Animal Science, Biological sciences (Zoology), Microbiology, etc. in addition to the UTME requirements.
- FUNAAB requires at least HND upper credit to 200 level in addition to the UTME requirements.
- IBADAN requires ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry, and Biology/Zoology with ‘O’ Level credit passes in Physics and Mathematics. In special cases, candidates who have passed the Animal Health Assistant or its equivalent with distinction plus ‘O’ Level credit passes in Chemistry, Biology and Physics or the equivalents may be considered for admission.
- IBADAN and UMUDIKE accept ND/HND Animal Health and Husbandry provided candidates meet the following requirements:
a) at least one (1) year practical experience;
b) five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematics and English Language.
- ILORIN requires ‘A’ Level passes in any of Biology/Zoology, Chemistry and Physics in addition to the UTME requirements, at least a minimum of eight (8) points. Special consideration may be given to candidates with HND in Animal Health and Husbandry, or Animal production plus the UTME credit requirements or graduates of first degree in related Biosciences Zoology, Biological Science, Animal Science or Production, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology, Nursing, Medicine, with a minimum of second class lower division
- JOS accepts
a) Bachelor’s degree in relevant science programme.
b) HND credit or equivalent in Animal Health or Animal Production Technology.
c) All candidates must have the UTME requirements.
- UDU accepts ND/HND credit in relevant programmes plus ‘O’ Level credit passes in Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Physics.
- UNN requires either ‘A’ Level passes or equivalents in Chemistry, Biology and Physics in addition to the UTME requirements
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY VETERINARY MEDICINE
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.