The Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Notice on Screening of credentials for 2020/2021 newly admitted students.
This is to notify all candidates admitted in the 2020/2021 (merit and supplementary) admissions exercise that screening and registration will commence on Monday, July 19, 2021, at the FUTO ICTC and SOBS Hall (1st Floor of the Old SEET Head Building).
Latest Update: FUTO releases 2nd roster for registration/screening. See it below.
According to the University Academic regulation for undergraduate students (2020-2025), section 1, subsection 1.1 (a & b) “registration of candidates is expected to end four weeks (4wks) from the date registration commenced.
Thereafter, late registration may be allowed only in exceptional cases with the special permission of the Registrar in consultation with the schools upon the payment of a fee of N10,000.00.
No late registration shall be allowed six weeks after lectures have begun. If for some genuine reason, a student is not able to return to the campus for registration within the stipulated period, the Registrar must be notified immediately in writing.
Subsection 1.1 (f) further provides that “Any student who fails to meet the registration requirements shall be deemed to have voluntarily withdrawn from the university”.
FUTO Registration Procedure for Fresh Students
Consequently, all prospective students are to note the following registration guidelines:
- Candidates admitted in the supplementary admissions should go online and click at FUTO portal www.futo.edu.ng and follow the registration procedure for freshmen/new students.
- Candidates admitted in the Merit admissions who have done their 1st phase of screening should proceed with the 2nd phase of registration and collection of green files with the under-listed documents:
- Original JAMB Result slip printed directly from JAMB website
- Duplicate of JAMB Admission Letter printed directly from JAMB’s website
- FUTO PUTME Screening Result Slip
- O’ Level Statement of Results
- Confirmation of Admission form printed from FUTO Portal
- FUTO Admission Letter printed from FUTO Portal
- Signed Acceptance Letter (Printed from FUTO website)
- Birth Certificate
- LGA Identification Letter
- FUTO Fees eReceipt
- Direct entry: A’ Level Certificate, OND/HND/Degree statement of result (for Direct entry candidate only)
- Validity Form with Passport Printed from FUTO Portal
- Candidates are advised to come with originals and photocopies of their credentials for the exercise.
- Candidates should note that COVID-19 Protocol is still in force and therefore are expected to wear their face masks when coming for the exercise.
- Candidates admitted for the MBBS programme and SOBS should report at the SOBS Hall, 1st floor on the Old SEET Head building for their registration formalities while others should report at the FUTO ICTC.
- All prospective students who have not been screened would undergo both the 1st and 2nd phases of the registration during this Exercise. They should therefore come along with all the necessary documents for the registration as listed in the University Portal.
FUTO 2nd Roster for Screening and Registration of new students, 2020/2021
This is to inform all newly admitted students that the management has released the roster for screening and Registration. With effect from August 23rd, 2021. Below is the schedule;
|MONDAYS & TUESDAYS||SAAT, SEET & SICT||ICTC|
|WEDNESDAYS & THURSDAYS||SOPS, SLIT, SOHT & SOES||ICTC|
|MONDAYS, TUESDAYS & WEDNESDAYS||SOBS, SBMS & MBBS||SOBS HALL, IST FLOOR, OLD SEET HEAD BUILDING|
|FRIDAYS||COLLECTION OF FORMS FOR GREEN FILES||ADMISSIONS UNIT, 2ND FLOOR, OLD SEET HEAD BUILDING.|
- PURCHASE OF GREEN FILES IS AT THE UNIVERSITY BOOKSHOP.
- KINDLY ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE ALL THE SPECIFIED DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION WITH THEIR PHOTOCOPIES BEFORE YOU COME.
- STRICT ADHERENCE TO THIS ROSTER IS HIGHLY SOLICITED PLEASE.
John U. Nnabuihe
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.