Hot: Top 5 Must-Have for Freshers' in Any Nigerian Higher Institution

Ad: Live, Work, and STUDY in Canada or any other country abroad with no stress. No payment until your visa is approved. CLICK HERE for more details or WhatsApp 09019196619

Ad: Stay Updated with all the Trending Happenings in Nigeria. Visit TrendingHub.ng Now

Fire Razes Part of UNIMAID Female Hostel, 3 injured

On Saturday, three female students were injured in a fire incident that happened in the female hostel of the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID). One of them was burned beyond recognition.

unimaid postgraduate admission list

The fire started around 7:10 in the morning, destroying property and other valuables belonging to students in the Murtala female hostel.

Our reporter learned that a student was cooking in Room A4/1 at the time of the incident.

As of the time of writing this paper, the names of the three students could not be determined, but it is understood that part of a unit building on the plot was razed to the ground by the fire.

When the fire raged, with smoke and flames, many students in the hostel fled for safety.

When one of the injured victims was lying on the floor, he could hear the university management asking for help.

It is reported that the school’s fire brigade and security personnel responded in a timely manner to extinguish the fire and prevent the fire from spreading to other places in the dormitory. In response, the University’s Director of Broadcasting and Public Relations, Professor Danjuma Gambo, confirmed the incident in a statement issued by Maiduguri.

He said that a minor fire broke out in a room in Murtala Hall earlier in the day.

Read Also: Unilorin, Uniben, Unimaid, Unical, Unizik are the Top 5 Universities that admitted most students in 2020 [See List]

Gambo said that preliminary investigations revealed that the explosion of kerosene, suspected of adulteration, was responsible for the fire.

According to him, three students were affected and one of them was injured.

They are all being treated in a hospital in Maiduguri.

“The fire has been extinguished by the university fire brigade. The rest of the hostels was not affected by the fire.

“This unfortunate incident is regrettable, especially considering the management’s recent efforts to enforce fire safety regulations in student hostels,” Prof. Gambo said.

Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Ad Blocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Refresh
1 Share
Copy link