Ad: Live, Work, and STUDY in Canada or any other country abroad with no stress. No payment until your visa is approved. CLICK HERE for more details or WhatsApp 09019196619

Ad: Guaranteed Admission Into 200level Into Any University of your Choice Without JAMB UTME through IJMB. If interested call 08032433497

Ad: Siggy allows you to Sell or Buy from Campus Students. Visit Siggy.ng now!

Distance Learning is the solution to admission challenges in Nigeria — LAUTECH Don

The Director, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Open and Distance Learning Centre, Prof. Oladiran Tayo Arulogun has disclosed that Open and Distance Learning (ODL) is the major solution to the persistent challenges bedeviling university admission in Nigeria.

Arulogun made the disclosure in an interview with The Nation at a workshop held at the Skye bank Hall in the University, titled, “Online Facilitation and Implementation of Learning Activities on the Learning Management System (LMS)”.

According to the Prof of Computer System Engineering, the available statistics revealed that more than a million qualified candidates write the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board examination every year, but all the universities in Nigeria can only accommodate about 50-60% of the applicants, wondering what happens to the remaining 40%.

There is a need to have more access to education. That’s why the Federal government is creating more universities. There are more people seeking to be admitted. They are qualified, but there is no place to absorb them. We should look into the area of ODL.

“If we can design ODL, it can take multiple of what the Face to Face is taking and doing that means the government has to provide infrastructure, especially ICT infrastructure and human development capacity for the goal to be achieved”, he said.

Source: The Nation

Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Ad Blocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Refresh
2 Shares
Copy link