CRUTECH Releases a Press on “No-Fee-No-Examination”.
This is to inform Staff, Students and the General Public that Management of Cross River University of Technology (CRUTECH) has reviewed the Fee Payment Policy in the Institution in order to generate revenue to effectively administer the University.
This action is against the backdrop of the poor response of continuing (year 2.5) Students towards paying their School Fees, a situation that is virtually grounding every vital service in the institution.
CRUTECH School Fees Policy.
The Policy stipulations include:
- The main source of internally Generated Revenue (IGR) in CRUTECH is school fees. It is school fees that fund the provisions of electricity, water, contract security, sanitation, laboratory materials for students practicals, repairs and maintenance of buildings and vehicles, etc. Mangaement is however exploiting alternative and additional means of funding the University but we have not reached there yet.
- Management has observed that only fresh students (year one) and very few continuing students pay school fees in CRUTECH.
- The student population in CRUTECH as at first semester, 2018/2019 Academic year session is a little above 18,000(Eighteen Thousand). Out of this number, a little above 6,000(six thousand) are year one students the rest are continuing students.
- As at last week, only little above 7,000(seven Thousand) students including the 6,000(six thousand) year one students have paid fees.This statistics mean that less than 2,000 (two thousand) continuing students have paid their mandatory first semester 2018/2019 school fees as the new management policy stipulates. This translates to the fact that over 10,000(ten thousand) students have refused to pay school fees for first semester, 2018/2019 academic session.
- Based on the above analysis of poor response from the students on fee compliance, management was magnanimous to the students and gave a two weeks semester’s break to allow the students go home and source their first semester 2018/2019 school fees. This decision I understand was predicated on a stakeholders concensus and included students union Government who represent students.
- The continuing students returned from their semester break and most of them failed to pay the prescribed fees for first semester 2018/2019 session.
- In all educational institutions across Nigeria and the whole world academjc activities including examinnations, are always offered to only those who pay school fees/charges and are registered properly.
- In most other institutions, the world over, full session payment or some percentages is demanded from students, but in CRUTECH, continuing students, 50% of session fee (I.e First semester and followed by second semester) is demanded. This arrangement is fair and considerate considering the economic peculiarities of our state and country.Still, students stubbornly refuse to pay school fees.
- The current inclination by students to refuse payment of fees is unsustainable and if not quickly reversed may result in the degeneration of CRUTECH.
Your support to this new policy of “NO FEES, NO EXAMINATION” will lighten the smooth administration by the University Management and nurture a stable environment for teaching and research.
Allschool Team wishes you well and a fruitful 2018/2019 Academic Session.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.