BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES Accurate JAMB Subject Combination and Official Requirement for All Government-Owned Universities in Nigeria.
Do you want to study Biological Sciences in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Biological Sciences in Faculty/College of Science. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
UTME (JAMB) SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE(S)
Note that Subject that have asterisks (*) attached to it are COMPULSORY. You should chose one between the subjects that are italicize.
- English(*), Biology(*), Chemistry(*) and Physics or Mathematics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- MAUTY and FUTA require, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and either Mathematics or Physics.
- AUE accepts Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
- OSUSTECH accepts Agricultural Science in lieu of Physics and Mathematics.
- FUTO requires Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics.
- ABU requires Use of English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- KASU requires Biology, Chemistry and two other Science subjects.
O’LEVEL REQUIREMENT FOR BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Below is the O’level Requirement for Biological Sciences (UTME CANDIDATES)
- Five SSCE credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and any other Science subject.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- UNN – as in combined courses.
- MAKURDI accepts ‘O’ Level pass in English Language.
- BSU requires ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Physics or Geography.
- OOU accepts ‘O’ Level credit pass in any other subject from Physics and Geography.
- NDU requires the five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings.
- BAUCHI requires ‘O’ Level pass in Physics.
- ABUJA accepts Further Mathematics in lieu of Mathematics.
- KSU, FED-LOKOJA, OSUSTECH and CRUTECH require ‘O’ Level credit pass in Physics as the fifth (5th) subject.
- FUNAAB require five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
- FUTA requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science at not more than two (2) sittings.
- GOUU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings in subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- NDA requires one (1) other Science subject from Physics, Further Mathematics or Agricultural Science.
- FUTO requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology in not more than two (2) sittings.
- ABU requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- KASU requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and one other Science subjects
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE(S)
- Two ‘a’ level passes to include one of Botany, Zoology, Biology or Chemistry.
- ND/NCE in related programme/subject.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- FUNAAB accepts
a) ND upper credit in Biological Science, Science Laboratory Technology or related programmes.
b) NCE credit in Biology.
c) Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Botany/ Zoology, Physics and Mathematics.
- UNN – HND and ND upper credit NCE merit/Degree in relevant programmes plus the UTME requirements.
- AUE –HND and ND upper credit.
- AUE and BSU require ‘A’ Level pass in Biology/Botany/Zoology plus Chemistry/Physics.
- BAUCHI requires
(a) two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) from Biology, Zoology or Botany.
(b) NCE/ND/HND upper credit in related subjects/programmes.
- OOU accepts HND, Final Certificate from the Nigerian Institute of Science Technology (NIST)
- NDU accepts ND/HND and AIMLT including general ‘A’ Level requirements.
- MAUTY accepts
(a) two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology and Chemistry
(b) HND lower credit in relevant programme.
- UMYUK accepts candidates with a minimum of nine (9) points in IJMB/’A’ Level/NCE, in Biology, Chemistry. ND lower credit in relevant programme may also be admitted.
- FUTO requires;
a) At least two (2) ‘A’ Level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and Biology.
b) ND/HND at Upper Credit level in life sciences.
c) First Degree in life sciences.
d) Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Biology and Physics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
- AUGUSTINE accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology, Botany, Zoology and Chemistry or Physics. NCE and ND credit in addition to five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes or its equivalent.
- ABU accepts Two ‘A’ level/IJMB passes which must include Biology or Botany or Zoology and Chemistry in addition to O/L requirements.
- KASU accepts Two ‘A’ level passes to include one of Biology, Zoology or Chemistry. ND/HND/NCE in related field with a minimum of Lower Credits in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements. IJMB/GCE ‘A’ Level with a minimum of 7 Points and above in Biology, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.