Admission Without JAMB: This page will show you the best alternatives to JAMB. With this page, you will be able to gain admission into any Nigerian University without JAMB. Please share this page as you might be savng someone from staying at home for another year.
So many prospective university students struggle yearly to gain admission through JAMB. Even some students that make it through this exam still have to internal screening exams by the university (POST-UTME).
Here is a line of hope for Nigerian want-to-be university students; you can now gain admission into a Nigerian university without JAMB.
- ways to Gain Admission Into University Without Writing JAMB
- #1. Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board, JUPEB
- Universities That Accept/Run The IJMB Programme
- #2. Pre-degree/Remedial Programmes
- Universities That Accept Predegree In Nigeria
- #3. IJMB- Interim Joint Admission Matriculation Board, IJMB
- List Of Nigerian Universities That Accept Ijmb
- #4. The National Open University Of Nigeria
- #5. National Business and Technical Examinations Board, NABTEB, A’level
ways to Gain Admission Into University Without Writing JAMB
#1. Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board, JUPEB
Over the years, Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) has become one of the most reliable ways to gain admission into any Nigerian University without JAMB.
If you are tired of writing JAMB multiple times, then JUPEB is one of the ways to gain admission.
This program is a proven, approved, and certified 9-month program that is moderated by the University of Lagos. They also have different coordinating bodies across Nigeria.
After you complete the JUPEB programme, you would be awarded a certificate. It is with this certificate that you can apply for direct entry in JUPEB affiliated universities for 200 level admission.
Before you stand jumping up, please note that JUPEB is also a tough programme. This simply implies that if you want to do the programme, you should make up your mind that you will prepare well for the exam. If you don’t you might not gain admission.
It is worth noting that with JUPEB you can actually gain admission into ANY course. That’s right absolutely ANY Course. But like we said above, you have to be ready to READ!
The JUPEB programe is a NINE MONTHS PROGRAMME. Some schools says it’s a one academic session programme. Simply put, it is a one year programme.
Most universities in Nigeria accepts JUPEB. Some of them are;
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abueokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Uyo, Uyo
- University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo, Ebonyi State
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State
- Federal University, Oye Ekiti, Ekiti State
- University of Calabar, Cross River State
- University of Mkar, Mkar, Benue State
- Abia State Universities
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu, Enugu State
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State
- Lagos State University, Ojo,Lagos,Lagos State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ijebu-Ode
- Ondo State University of Science; Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo State
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State
Where can I get IJMB or JUPEB Form? Most schools do sell their own JUPEB Form. However, we dearly recommend Zolak Educational Consult. You can register online in where ever you are. For inquiries, feel free to call 08032433497.
You can visit our JUPEB News page to check out all the JUPEB news in Nigeria.
#2. Pre-degree/Remedial Programmes
This programme has different names (eg, pre-degree, remedial, basic science, UPAS, etc) depending on the school but the end product is usually to offer students admission into their school without having to write JAMB.
Upon completion of the pre-degree programme, you would be offered admission into 100 level in your applying university. In the course of this, your O-level results must be complete and you have to be aware that not all the courses are accepted. The result of your Remedial predegree programme expires after one year.
Also what noting, is that the pre-degree programme has a duration of 7-12 months and its certification is no substitute to a university degree.
Universities That Accept Predegree In Nigeria
Below is a list of some schools that do the pre-degree programme (if you click on the link it will take you to how to apply for their pre-degree form):
- Ekiti state university
- University of Calabar
- University of Jos
- Obafemi Awolowo university
- Federal university of Agriculture Abeokuta
- Adekunle Ajasi university
- Delta state university
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- University of Port Harcourt
- Afe Babalola University
You can visit our Pre-degree News page to check out all the pre-degree news in Nigeria.
#3. IJMB- Interim Joint Admission Matriculation Board, IJMB
Third on our list is the IJMB also known as the Interim Joint Admission Matriculation Board. Introduced by Ahmmadu Bello University (ABU) it was one of the few programmes that students could use to gain admission without jamb.
At the birth of the IJMB, its primary aim was to help students in northern Nigeria to gain admission without JAMB.
Today, the platform is available in universities across Nigeria. So, if you have lesser chances of getting admission into a Nigerian university via JAMB, then make IJMB a must-choose.
You can learn more about IJMB HERE.
List Of Nigerian Universities That Accept Ijmb
Here are some Universities in Nigeria that admit students to the IJMB program.
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Ahmandu Bello University, Zaria
- Bayero University, Kano
- Federal University, Gashau
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure
- Federal University Of Technology, Minna
- Federal University, Duste, Jigwa State
- Federal University, Dustin – Ma, Kastina
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University , Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa
- Federal University, Oye – Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Federal University, Binin Kebbi.
- Federal University, Gusua.
- Modibbo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- National Open University Of Nigeria
- Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka
- University Of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
- University Of Benin
- University Of Calabar
- University Of Ibadan
- University Of Ilorin
- University Of Jos
- University Of Maiduguri
- University Of Uyo
- Abia State University, Uturu.
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Akwa Ibom State University Of Technology, Uyo
- Anambra State University Of Science & Technolgy, Uli
- Bauchi State University, Gaudau
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bakar Abba Ibrahim University, Damaturu
- Cross River State University Of Science & Technology, Calabar
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapia
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Rumuolumeni
- Imo State University,owerri
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Kano University Of Science & Technology, Wudil
- Kebbi State University, Kebbi
- Kogi Stae University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Ilorin
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Niger Delta University, Yenagoa
- Northwest University, Kano
- Umaru Musa Yar’ Adua University, Kastina
- Ondo State University Of Science & Technology, Okitipupa
- Osun State Univer, Oshogbo
- Plateau State University, Bokkos
- River State University Of Science & Technology
- Sokoto State University, Sokoto
- Tai Solarin Univ. Of Education, Ijebu – Ode
- Taraba State University, Jalingo
You can visit our IJMB News page to check out all the IJMB news in Nigeria.
#4. The National Open University Of Nigeria
This program was established in the regime of Olusegun Obasanjo to help Nigerians with advanced age to have university education. The National Open University awards degrees like every other University institution in Nigeria. If you are employed, and want advanced studies, you can apply for the National Open University without JAMB.
Since its establishment, it has embraced over ten thousand Nigerian students. NOUN has campuses in almost all the major cities in Nigeria. In other to apply for the NOUN, you have to make an application via their online portal, and then pay the required fees. You would also be required to fill a form, where you would upload your O-level results.
The NOUN is a good way to pursue admission without getting to write JAMB at all.
#5. National Business and Technical Examinations Board, NABTEB, A’level
Another way to gain admission without JAMB into a Nigerian University is through the National Business and Technical Examinations Board, (NABTEB) A” Level program.
Most students don’t actually know about this program, hence the few that knows it, usually gain admission.
Like any other A’ Level examination, allows students to secure admission into 200 Level in the University through Direct Entry.
The NABTEB Advanced Level programme runs for a period of two semesters, after which a successful NABTEB A’LEVEL student graduates into 200 level in the University through direct entry. All courses are available for NABTEB A’LEVEL programme.
Candidates seeking admission into the NABTEB A’LEVEL programme must possess a minimum of 5 Credits in relevant o’level subjects from WAEC, NECO or NABTEB in not more than two sittings. Awaiting result can also apply for the NABTEB A’LEVEL programme.
Lectures on NABTEB A’LEVEL programme are guided by the approved NABTEB A’LEVEL syllabus and the contents of the NABTEB A’LEVEL syllabus cover University 100 level syllabus and above, which must be taught within a period of two semesters.
The entire NABTEB A’LEVEL examination process is moderated by the NABTEB A’LEVEL headquaters, Benin, together with JAMB-approved moderators at the approved NABTEB A’LEVEL accredited institutions.
Unlike the JUPEB programme, NABTEB A’level programme is actually for just science students. Most Art Courses are not available.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.